maybe success is measured best by nothing less than our obedience. - J.N.

July 8, 2010

Special exceptions

I have the best husband in the world.

In order for me to carry on with my other hobby (crafting), I have been granted special permission from Capt. Husband to thrift for craft. I just love that guy.

So I happily scurried over to my two favorite local thrifts stores. I was quite successful with my thrift-for-craft finds. I'm working on some gifts. When they're complete and gifted, I will blog about my creations.

In other news, I am enabling the beloved ladies in my life to thrift. And to spur you on, I am going to share some (AWESOME) thrifty finds. Check it out:


Chanel Allure, Sally Ann, $4.99

The Chanel perfume I found without a box. It was behind the counter at my local store. My bottle is full, as in the content still touches the top of the bottle. I came home and googled this baby and it still sells on the American Chanel website for..... $80


Lancome Tropiques, Sally Ann, $4.99

This one I found in it's box. Similar to the Chanel perfume, it is either new or like new. I don't know if the previous owner ever even sprayed it. I also googled this when I came home. I found out on a perfume forum that this perfume was a limited edition release only to duty free stores. One could also find it online. It came out about 4 years ago, from what I could tell.

I wear perfume on a daily basis, especially if I'm working. I get hugged by kids a lot and I don't want to be a smelly teacher. So when I started buying perfume from Winners, I thought I was getting an excellent deal.

Then I realized that kids don't really care what (good) scent they whiff when they give me hugs, and I don't care about personal "signature" scents, so I thought, why not just get a generic perfume? I found a cheapie but nice perfume at the Gap. I intended to use Brad's newly aquired 40% off coupons to eventually purchase the Gap perfume. It would cost me just under $20 had I bought the Gap one.

I'm glad I didn't buy the Gap one.

For significantly less than what I would've spent at the Gap, I got two better quality, and unique scents. My students, and Brad, are happy with me.

Aside: once as Brad was giving me cuddles, he said to me, "Honey... I love you and I don't want this cuddle to end. But you need to go shower."

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfume can be a wonderful thing.

Don't be afraid to look at the items behind the counter. There are (sometimes) excellent deals right before your eyes. Don't let the glass intimidate you!


2 comments:

Helen said...

awwww you went without me?!?!

=(

I was going to ask you to share the perfume but it sounds like you need it more. Or it SMELLS like! hahahahaha ha ha ha.......

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Be careful with perfume purchases! If the previous owner kept their perfume for a *long* time, esp. in a humid warm environment (like a shower), sometimes the perfume goes bad.

I'm still afraid to go to Sally Ann but your good deals are compelling ;)