We still listen to Peter Reid's teaching on John. We bought the cd and listen to it in the small civic. It's better than the radio. It's also better than the violin rendition of Colours of the Wind from Disney's Pocahontas performed by the child violinist from the condo across the way...
Anyway, this summer has certainly been a time of Sabbath. I've relished relaxing, sleeping and doing nothing. I've enough energy now to take up some hobbies, as you all know. I did actually manage to sew two things today. One was semi-successful, and the other wasn't fabulous but I'm going to use it anyway!
Sabbath. I entitled this post Sabbath because of the importance of Sabbath. Those of us who've grown up in the church, serving God in different ministries, and participating in various things ministry related sometimes, sometimes we forget about Sabbath. The first day of our week, Sunday, is declared the Christians' Sabbath. But again, for those of us who do all those things listed, this is the busy day. And during the school year when we're serving in all these different ministries, it is hard to be able to rest on this Sabbath day.
How do we rest on the Sabbath? Peter Reid talks about Sabbath as the time where God wants to do something for us. To allow God to do something for us. For God to provide and to take care of us. Of course, this is true in every day living. But on the Sabbath, how are you resting and consequently allowing God to do something for you?
Hmm... I'm not quite sure if this post is making sense. I thought I had more coherent thoughts than that.
I'll part with this photo of what I made today:

A small zippered pouch for my make-up
It turned out okay for my first real-ish project that will be used a lot. It is a bit wider at the top than it's supposed to be. Oh well. It's functional! Then I wanted to make an accompanying accessory, so I made this make-up brush wrap.
See how it seems like it's not aligned properly on the left there? Well, it isn't. This project was a bit of a fail as nothing was lining properly, the fabric was stretching strangely and creating weird seams, even the brush pockets are not sewn straight. Turns out, I can't always sew a straight line. But I'm going to use this case anyway.
FUN! I'm totally enjoying sewing!
More zippered pouches to come. And a lunch bag for Brad!


2 comments:
Can you make me a draw string pouch out of any cotton breathable material? I need it for my cup. hahahahaha
I like your brush pouch. Can I commission you to make me one too? It would come in handy for travel!!
Post a Comment