Did you know that it's actually a fruit? No kidding... I hate fruit. We'll just continue to be blind to the facts and continue treating mr. delicious as a vegetable. Because I do enjoy vegetables.
Oh, but I had a fresh mango the other day. My grandparents are forever feeding Brad as they've happily learned that he will eat anything they offer him. He LOVES fresh mango so they use whatever oppotunity they find to give him fresh mangos.
You're hungry? Have 4 mangos!
You're tired? Eat some mangos!
We're grocery shopping... Take some mangos!
You're full? Here... mangos!
O.k. it hasn't been that bad (lately) but I was craving something sweet and Brad wouldn't let me have any more left over freezies from my class (I love the light orange colour... what is it, peach? well it's all sugar water anyway...) so he chopped up a mango for me. It was delicious...
Anyway, back to zucchinis. Most recently I've found this recipe that I would love to try. In fact, I might try it tonight and see what happens. I have a lovely corgette in my fridge and if I don't use it today, it will probably become bitter. Bitter zucchinis are the most disappointing thing ever. It's how they taste if they're at all squishy. Zucchinis taste best when they're rock hard.
On second thought, the zucchini cake recipe would probably be perfect for borderline bitter zucchinis. The extra ingredients would probably mask the old zucchini flavour. But that wouldn't give zucchini cakes its due credit, I'm sure.

Disclaimer: I jacked this picture from Pioneer Woman's contributer, Pastor Ryan. Click links for their blogs. And mine probably won't look like that. For one, I don't have a mini red bowl to serve ranch dressing. Boo.
Tomorrow (maybe), the zucchini cake verdict.
5 comments:
yay, a wide length blog! I'm so tired of those narrow blogger sites...
Mmm zucchini...it's a fruit like tomato is a fruit. I cooked for myself today. It's fun. I wish I could go grocery shopping more, but I know I'll need to learn how to budget. I totally overspend when I grocery shop xD everything looks so good and i want to eat everything!
I made bacon wrapped mushrooms with cheese and fried-rice with eggs, spinach, and....CHEESe! lol Also made a baked orange salmon mayo with CHEESE last night for dinner!
I like cooking...
Okay, you'll have to share your zucchini recipes with me now! I hate veg (I like fruit in moderation) but I need more of the green stuff in my life. So how do you prepare it so that it almost tastes like meat?!? Intriguing...and I like meat. :)
oh man i love corgette! I totally agree!!! Our fav. way to eat it is among other vegetables roasted in the oven! LOVELY! anyways... it's all good! Cheers for the blog! xoxox
I'd have to agree with Mrs. Loquacious - please share the zucchini recipes because I too am not overly fond of veggies and I'm open to learn any way I can eat more of them :D The photo does look very yummy - looking forward to the zucchini cake verdict!
My zucchini are about to kick into full gear - we should be eating them by the end of the week. I have five mammoth green bushes and another five yellow ones. It's too bad you don't live a little closer as I could totally hook you up. So it goes.
Post a Comment