I wish that I was Eugene at this moment because Eugene is not afraid of spiders. He LOVES spiders. He gets down and dirty to investigate spiders. I haven't seen him pick up spiders yet, but I'm sure he's tried or done it.
"gasps! Cobwebs!" he said to me, "don't touch it!.. but the spiders are gone..."
He's even tried to feed the spiders. I saw him. And he told me so.
Why do I dream that I could be a young boy so unafraid of spiders today? Because "flies are a favorite snack for many spiders. So if you don't like flies in your house, encourage spiders to move in."
I never noticed flies in our basement suite was my comment to Brad yesterday. Of course, our basement suite probably housed about 1,593 spiders on a regular basis.
Six. Six is the number of flies I've killed today. But I vacuumed up about 10 in total. A few of the corpses were from last night. Yesterday's number of hits totaled somewhere between 20-30. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, there is a war in our household.
Brad & Sharon and everything human and sanitary, against The Flies.
I am actually quite embarrassed to talk about it, so I thought I'd blog about it. I just want to keep it real here, ya'll.
It all started on Sunday night. Right before I went to bed, I killed a fly in the bathroom with some dirty laundry. I was so happy with myself. Unfortunately, that particular remain remains in the bathroom. I hit it on the door frame, and I'm much too small to reach it. I suppose Dyson can reach it with it's extendable arm... Let me do that right now...
leaves to vacuum up the Sunday night fly corpse
Okay, I'm back. Anyway, I went to bed.
The next day as I was home, sitting in this very chair in our den, I noticed a few flies at the den window. I promptly shut the blinds to trap them in there. There were probably 4-5 of them. I didn't think anything of them. You see, we don't have screens on our windows and doors, and living on the 2nd floor of an apartment building, it can get quite warm. I figured that they just came in through those entrances.
When Brad came home and examined the chair rails he was working on, I noticed that there were flies in the living room window area also.
"What's with all the flies in our house?" I commented, "Look there's 3 over here too... 4... 5... 6... WHAT THE HECK?!??! There's like 12 flies in our house this very instant!!!"
Brad promptly grabbed the vacuum and hoovered them away.
In the meantime, I'm wondering where they're coming from. I regrettably recalled that earlier that day, I had opened the cabinet under the sink to dispose of something in the garbage and two flies had flown out. I stalked over to the said cabinet and gingerly opened the door again.... AND TWO FLIES FLEW OUT!
"EWWWWW.... Honey, two just came from the garbage!"
Needless to say, I was full of the heebie-jeebies at this point. Upon further investigation, we discovered more flies under the sink. We immediately took everything out and cleaned and sanitized. Since then (almost 24 hours ago) there have been no more flies birthing from beneath the sink.
But... it is not the end of our woes, as I've already mentioned, I've killed 6 live ones today. After I spotted the 5th one, I shut all the windows in our house. Fortunately for me it's a cloudy and cool day today, otherwise I'm sure I'd have lost 3 pounds for sweating. Anyway, the 5th and 6th one were in at the same time and I killed them both without much excitement. I think I've developed a knack for it... gross~
Since I've shut the windows, I haven't seen any more so it is my hope and prayer and anticipation that it was those said entrances that gave birth to those nasty things, not our sink cabinet or refuse. If this is the case, then my only fear is the offspring of the dead flies. I am thoroughly grossed out at the thought of more flies beginning fruition in our house. I know I'm not the perfect house keeper, but Brad Really Tries! And I really try hard to help him!
If no body wants to come to our house for any sort of meal, I understand. I'm a little doubtful myself as to the most effective way of eradicating fly spawn.
I'm still so very grossed out.
I so wish I didn't detest spiders!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
I don't like spiders either. We have a bit of a problem with them since our 11th floor windows have not been cleaned in like 2 years. In the fall, the Charlottes all nested their egg sacs on the window sills, and in the spring, all of the babies hatched. I couldn't open our window for weeks, and only started doing so when I got desperate and it was sweltering inside.
Now, I clean webs and kill spiders every other day.
We keep our windows open for the cooler air to flow through, and sometimes that also brings in other creepy crawlies, including a giant moth that, when resting, looked the size and shape of a giant cockroach. Thankfully, Hubbs killed it with just one mighty SHWAP! so I know for sure it was a moth (cockroaches need like a hammer in order to die).
I hate all bugs and believe with all my heart that they were a product of the Fall ;)
May your fly troubles be over soon!
Post a Comment