Another sunny July afternoon... this summer has been surprisingly warm and pleasant, much more so than any recent summers past. Of course, this could be because this is the first summer in a long while that is actually a vacation for me! The past few years has just been a whirlwind. Brad has been commenting lately that I deserve my 10-12 hour sleeps every night because it's all been so crazy in the last two years.
The summer could also be particularly warm and cozy because I'm not in Richmond any longer. When I go to Richmond some days, it seems way cooler than my residential city. Probably because we're higher up and Richmond is well regulated by the water.
I'm sitting here uploading music onto iTunes. I was browsing for music; I was getting tired of listening to the same old music. Well, I purchased Toploader - Magic Hotel because I loved their song on the Walk to Remember soundtrack. Then I realized that I have a massive pile of cds that have yet to make their way into our iTunes library. So here I am, listening to the old as if 'tis new.

This is also something else that is old but new. I found this little picture in Brad's photo box. I looked through the early years of his life. This is Brad, about a year old, with one of his Grandpas. Brad's got his Grandpa's hat! He always looks good in a hat, dear one.
Brad has many fond memories of this Grandpa. He died when Brad was a little kid. Grandpa used to call him Honey-boy. How sweet is that? There are many pictures of Brad & this Grandpa in my husband's earliest years. They were close pals! We'll name our first born lad after him.
No, I'm not expecting. Didn't I say earlier that I'm obsessed with baby names??
He was a man of God. I'm so grateful for that. There really is something of intergenerational blessings for those who live in joy and obedience. I can attest to it personally.
Here is another sample.
My own grandparents. These are the only grandparents that I've ever known. My other grandpa died when I was a little kid, and I don't remember him very much at all. My mom's mother died before she was married. But these grandparents have been around. And I love them.
They're God-loving and obedient servants of Him. They know Him personally. I don't know how many times I've seen them praying on their knees or reading their bibles. Since I was a child, this was a consistent and regular sight. Even now, though we don't live in the same home, I still see them seeking Him.
And they've suffered. People who live through wars don't escape unscathed regardless of whether they personally fought or not. Such experiences shape characters. They were changed because of their suffering.
Of course, they're human. There is much good to speak of when thinking of grandparents. But they're not perfect people, far from it. Sometimes I shake my head when I hear of their perspectives and even their behaviours. Yet, they're still God-lovers, no matter how short they fall from His mark. And so they will be, are, honoured.
3 comments:
I was TOTALLY going to write a grandparents blog this week...
How wonderful that you have had a relationship with your grandparents. I never did. My own parents and husbands parents are all involved in my children life and I am so grateful. I think that is helps my kids gain a sense of history and family. By the way your wedding picture is absolutely gorgeous. Don't you just love PW's site?
Sorry, this comment has nothing to do with your blog, but I saw your comment at Pioneer Woman about your little feet and thought I'd share my good fortune with you. I wear size 3 also and order heels and ladies shoes from a company called Cinderella of Boston. They used to be in Boston, but have moved to California, but kept the name. I have been ordering shoes from them for over 40 years. Here is the link to their webpage. They have a great sale going on right now. http://www.cinderellaofboston.com/
Please feel free to email me at linda2457@gmail.com or check out my blog at leeleesplace.blogspot.com
Post a Comment