maybe success is measured best by nothing less than our obedience. - J.N.

January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!!



Ahh... a new year.  Doesn't feel any different really.... except I just made a dessert that I'm happy with!!  I am just not a dessert maker.  Anything to do with baking really, I'm terrible at.  Enter no bake dessert: Chocolate mousse!!  Yay!!  No bake means I don't have to stick with the recipe... another yay!!  We shall see how it turns out; you can ask brad or our friend Brian tomorrow.

I've never noticed this before (probably because I've never cared before) but each year brings many "firsts".  And I suppose it depends on ones perspective too as to what is considered a "first" in ones life.  A first that will happen for us this year is.... CUBA!  We will vacation in Cuba this year.  I'm excited for it; I've never vacationed anywhere warm and tropical (o.k I suppose Hong Kong kind of counts... but it was over 10 years ago, so back to never...) and the sole purpose of the travel is to relax.  *ahhhhh*  That really calls for a written sigh!

And to entertain the masses (HA HA... there's like, what, 4 people who read our blog...??), here are some piccies of our housie:

Lovely den: we spend a lot of time here


My beloved piano: thanks Mom!


Our kitchen & my beloved coffee maker... Thanks starbucks!



Our lovely living room... it really is lovely... :)

More pictures can be found on facebook.  

Oh here's something else lovely of the late...


Isn't that nice?!  We got those wall vases at the Circle Crafts gift show.  We love them!  They look even better with flowers in them.  Brad rescued some fleurs, and gave them a new home.  Those middle gerbs with the hot pink and white are gorgeous :)  LOVE it.

That's it folks!!  Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Lauren Laidler said...

love the pics and adore the flowers on your wall!!!!!! oh my goodness have so much fun in CUBA! woohoo for you guys taking a trip!!!!!! when will you go? i have skype now so you will have to add me to your contact list so we can chat. it works brill! anyways... love you guys! miss you lots! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! xoxoxoxx

Just Kids said...

The vases are adorable. Very Nice.

slackr4ever said...

Love the way you decorated!!! You'll have a blast in Cuba!!! T'was where we went for our hunnymoon!!! Enjoy!