...phone!
Welcome to the family, little phone!!
No longer will my mobile require charging every night.
No longer will my brother call it ghetto.
No longer will the battery die because I forgot to charge it and have it turn off on me, meanwhile, unbeknownst to me, Brad is trying to reach me, becomes concerned, and sets off at 9:30 pm (on a weeknight... gasp!!) to search for me in case I was in trouble. He travels all the way to my school's neighbourhood wherein he receives a phone call from his home, "Where are you, honey?? I'm home!"
Yes, this happened. In the fall. Poor dear... But now he won't have to fret. I love that man.
When I got this not-too-special phone, I promptly proceeded to try to make it as much like my old one as possible. I imported my regular wallpaper, found a song similar to my personality since I couldn't import my old ring tune, and changed the buttons and overall "look" of the screen to make it familiar.
Though it might seem like it, I'm really not so resistant to change as it sounds in the above anecdote. I wouldn't say that I crave change, seek change, initiate change, but I don't deny change. I roll with the punches, I s'pose.
I think it is a theme this year. I knew I would change as a teacher. I didn't know how much. I knew there were changes at my school. I didn't know its impact. Being part of the change so far, has been encouraging and positive. Not all experiences are encouraging and positive, but definitely all experiences, negative included, build toward an encouraging and positive outcome.
It could also be because I'm generally more of a "mmm... there's still juice left in the glass" type of person rather than a "shoot. I'm outta juice."
Change. And perhaps if one doesn't intensely fear the inevitability of change, it becomes less and less scary.
Perhaps if one does not focus so much on what's happening to oneself, change becomes less and less scary.
On the other hand, perhaps it's not so much perspective, but genetics. Perhaps some are just created to be less fearful, fretful, resistant to change. And some are created to care more about effects of change. Perhaps those are ones more sensitive.
Perhaps I am insensitive... That is definitely a possibility.
Today's pro-d theme/topic/subject started with change. I was paying attention, it seems.

3 comments:
love the new phone sharona! brill! so happy for you! i need a new one too! i got brent's hand me downs and it is definitely ghetto! hahaha miss you and love you!!! xxxx
mine, is also becoming "ghetto"...i can't wait to get a new one in june...what did you end up with?? i'm torn as to which one to go with...
great update! new phones are fun! liked your shpeal on change :)
Post a Comment