It's me again! I know, it's supposed to be Brad's turn but he's got other stuff to do on the computer nowadays. Me on the other hand, not too much. The internet has become my "veg-out" activity (no T.V, remember?). Join me in my festive haunts: Lush.ca, Etsy.com, and of course - facebook. Though that latter is not too, too interesting anymore. Once in awhile, facebook sees interesting photos and facts about others that I'm not in touch with (read - most people in life). Those that I am in touch with, I see every day. At school. And they're mostly 5 years old.
On that note, school is going fine. Only 1 more week. I am hanging on to my "mentor" teacher's coattails as I struggle to "keep up" with everything that we intend to do. After experience a term, I really marvel at those experienced teachers abilities to keep everything looking so nice, yet still be gentle and loving with the children by this time... Though the other night, I got over 9 hours of sleep (due to taking nyquil early so I wasn't still doped up by the time I got to school the next day) and I was thoroughly pleasant, happy, and fun with the children. Sometimes I feel like a grumpy, mean, ol' lady. They probably sense it...
My most intense day all term was... not my first field trip. not parent-teacher interviews. not meet the teacher night. not literacy night. not writing report cards. not "behavior" kids. not any of these things. My most intense day ALL TERM was the Teddy Bears Picnic.
There was SO. MUCH. EXCITEMENT. for this day. The children arrived at school very hyper. The whole day was a hyper day. I was soooooooooooooo wiped by the middle of the morning. The games (very nice teddy bear games!!!!!) were intense and mass pandemonium. 20 children. Every single one hyper. *shudder* I don't even want to think about it any more... But, here are some pictures!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to lovely parents :) This is only one of the picnics though... The other picnic pictures are on my school computer (yes, 2 picnics. 2 days)
The children's redeeming qualities: cuteness
Us with our teddies. Me with a real black bear skin!!

The spread.

Not sure what game we're about to play. That is definitely a teddy face on my head.

"I'm crowded! Roll over! So they all rolled over and one fell out..."
And yes. I do have turkeys and pumpkins still up. In November.
That's what I mean when I'm "hanging on to her coat tails..."
Au revoir!
2 comments:
omg you have a bear on you. in more than one way. hahahha yay mrs. snider!!
oh mannn! that's funny.. Yeah I can imagine the kids all with their teddies. xD
Post a Comment