Our poor blog has taken a beating in the past couple of months; a healthy dose of busy-ness, neglect, and the occasional bout of forgetfulness has meant living with December updates for the better part of January and February.
Anyways, we had our shower fixed in January, so now there is not mold growing on the inside of the walls, nor is there water making it's way out into the bathroom via the door frame. Our reno guy Collin was a nice guy. I would stop by to see how he was doing every day and a few times went to buy him a bottle of water from the store, and on the last night he was working on the shower we gave him a piece of cake and a glass of milk. He immediately declared we were the best customers ever and he wished everyone was like us. It's good to do things like that for people. And I should mention that in the meantime while our place was being fixed we were house-sitting for my parents who were in Asia. And I tell you, we lived in luxury. There were two things that stood out, both which hold hot water: a dishwasher, and a hot tub. Ooh baby, living the high life...
As Sharon mentioned in her last blog, I upgraded my indoor "bonsai center" - I call it my little grow-op but in Vancouver it's not good to joke about such things... yes, I inherited a tree from someone from work, it was nearly dead and was infested with bugs so she gave it to me and with a few days of TLC in the "indoor bonsai grow-op center" it sprung back to life. And although it is still kinda ugly, it's a lot healthier now. AND, when I was speaking at church last week I brought it and used it as an illustration. Fabulous.
Valentine's was good - I bought Sharon flowers, I just went to the local flower shop and picked out some flowers I liked. It was around the time most blue collar guys like me get off work so there was a lot of us in there, all wondering how to justify $80 for a dozen roses. Correction, a dozen red roses. A dozen long stem red roses. I found a dozen pink and peach roses there (pictured below in Sharon's blog) for considerably less, and that settled that. I think that most of those guys were not so used to being in flower shops. When I was in line, 2 or 3 guys in front of me just walked up and said "I want some roses" - and the clerk would point and say "okay, well just go over there to the cooler and pick the ones you like and bring them up here..." then the next guy in line would come up and say "I want some roses" - and the clerk would point and say "okay, just go over there..." etc etc you get the point. So when I got there, there was this group of guys standing around the cooler looking a little lost and confused...
I'm also told, by the way, by the florists I work with, that women don't like red roses so much, it's that the men like red roses and think the women do too. I don't know if that's true or not but I am lectured on it every year on and around Valentine's Day.
We had a seminar at work on floral design and packaging and stuff in January for local florists and it was actually very cool! Quite incredible what you can do with flowers, and the people who work with them are so creative they come up with such different ideas. Nothing like you see in the bouquet section at your local grocery store. It was fun.
Okay, that's all for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment