I have come to a frightening conclusion. I am the decisive element in the classroom. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher I possess tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humour, hurt or heal. In all situations it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated, and a child humanized or de-humanized.
- Dr. Haim Ginott
4 comments:
That is a frightening conclusion!! Really puts it in perspective!
this is why teaching is the perfect job for you :)
you go girl!!!!!
xxxxxx
"I am the teacher's husband. By bringing my wife flowers, I can make it sunny, by making her breakfast, I can bring about warm weather. By making my wife coffee before she leaves, I help her bring gentle breezes to her day."
- Brad
What do you think, Sharon? Might as well pass on some of the responsibility to the big guy.
Haha Brian! You're awesome, what an inspiration! Although I have to say that usually when I bring "gentle breezes to her day", I get in trouble for it. Think about it...
Post a Comment