maybe success is measured best by nothing less than our obedience. - J.N.

February 17, 2008

Lookie here...

Well lookie here... look who's updating again... And coincidentally (but not really) I have a lot of work due this week for my case assignments!! GAH!!
I know I am stressed out because I was tempted to purchase things. I went to the mall to pick up our hemmed pants and was looking for something for Brad's upcoming 2-7, for my friend's baby shower, and just browsing. I nearly got the most beautiful pair of uggs in size 5 (rare... of course~) Intervention was needed so I called Brad and just hearing his exasperation was enough to drive me away from the store. Here's a picture of the boots (they're VERY versatile):


See all the ways you can wear these babies? **Swoon**
Aw... maybe next year!



Nothing is really new. We've just been plodding along steadily. My short practicum went pretty well. No fireworks, good or bad. It is definitely interesting though. One learns so much more being with the class every single day. Our 13 week practicum is in 5 and a half weeks!! Sounds kind of far away but it isn't. We have one more case study, our triple-jump (our exam name), spring break + Easter long weekend, then we're in the class!! I have so much planning to do over these few weeks. I want to have at least a third of my practicum planned and ready before I start. Many have told me that by the end of the practicum, there's not so much formal lesson plans because you learn to go without it. I look forward to that.

OH for Valentine's we cooked a nice meal together. February has been a big spending month for some reason. Don't really know why; it just happened. So we had steak (courtesy of Mom & Dad Snider) and prawns with garlic mashed potatoes and spinach salad. It was yummerific. I think it was the first time we made steak ourselves. Brad also got me roses. Maybe I'll take a pic...



Pretty, eh? Brad is good at plant things :)

He's upgraded his indoor bonsai centre. I think I'll let him talk about it. He's also inherited another tree. And there are lots of little trimmings that are in little pots that haven't died yet. Tree babies. Oh he also had funny observations at our local gift/flower shop on Valentine's day.

Other than that, there hasn't been any big news regarding us specifically. Lots going on in others' lives that we are a part of, but still others' lives. OH! Our shower is fixed!! YEAH!! PRAISE the LORD!! It's no longer moldy and leaky. I was in the bathroom the other day and exclaimed, "GASP! It's DRY in here!!" No icky, cold puddles and damp, smelly towels anymore! It's great. Now if only we can get the rest of the place tidied up... once I'm on campus, my house-keeping skills go awol. Literally, it's like I lose the ability or something... And Brad becomes house-husband again! But I still cook.

I'll leave off with a pic of us at a hockey game in January. It was my first NHL game. The canucks actually won that game too! hehe



toodles!~





2 comments:

Brian said...

Glad to see you guys blogging again. Looking forward to sharing a steak and prawn dinner with you the next time I visit ;). hehe.

Unknown said...

that is SUCH a coincidence Sharon - I was at Teesside park last Saturday (our local retail centre - we almost live there! hehehe Lauren & Brent had their 1st date there!!!!) and I passed this shoe shop called Brantano.... there in the window calling me were the exact selfsame pair of Uggs that clearly called to you. Nick grabbed my arm and dragged me away.... but seeing that picture just makes me think I want those boots!!!!!! Huggles xx