maybe success is measured best by nothing less than our obedience. - J.N.

March 27, 2007

Homeless...?

Another little impending thing we have to do is to find a place to live. We're looking for an inexpensive, decent basement suite or apartment (I'm partial to suite; I'm not sure that Brad cares...) preferably in Burnaby, close to the area where Cadence is located. So far I've only looked online but I think there must be some local postings in the papers and laundremats because people keep telling me about cheaper suites in Richmond that are pretty decent. Where can I find them?!

Here is a funny story regarding my excitement to find a potential suite on craigslist.com

Finding a listing that sounds fabulous for the great price of $700 + 1/3 of utilities, I in my excitement decide to "put my foot in the door" by quickly firing off an email asking.

Hi there,

Does the $700 include utilities? My fiance and I blah blah blah...

HAHAHHAHA

How embarrassing for me! She definitely emailed me back and likely copied and pasted her own listing. Anyhow, I emailed her again (a week later, mind yoU) and she told me the suite is occupied.

Another lesson, when coming upon a potential suite, call them fast.
Cheap housing is a hot commodity here in the Lower mainland...

Edit:
We changed the comment setting so anyone can leave a comment without waiting for me to publish it! Interaction is good!

Also, check out our future place at www.cadenceliving.com




3 comments:

Lauren Laidler said...

hooray!!! we can leave comments all the time! hehehe woohoooo!!! love you sharona! email you soon! thanks for sharing your exciting stories with us all! miss you! xoxo

Louis said...

YAY! I love this blog. I am a huge fan. I will add you to my links. Please show me the cake options.

GO SHARON AND BRAD!

Louis

Unknown said...

hey Sharon - great to just leave comments! Love the cadence website but need to know more details - which kind of house are you guys getting? I LOVE NEW HOUSES!!!!! Showhome viewing - so much fun! Hugs xoxoxoxox