maybe success is measured best by nothing less than our obedience. - J.N.

March 24, 2007

Adventures in Gift Registry-ing...

So, today Sharon and I were at Home Outfitters setting up a Gift Registry for the wedding. It was a good time... for one, it is one more thing to check off the to-do list, which is always good. But it was also fun - I had the bar code scanner thingy for most of the time, which was especially convenient when I found a bright red fire hydrant drink dispenser! Oh man, it caught my eye and it was so cool and before Sharon figured out that she had gone straight and I had taken a left down the aisle I was down checking it out and *beep* it was on the list! It's gorgeous - around a foot tall, looks just like a fire hydrant with this tap thing on the bottom to pour the juice out of. Very very cool. But oh man, did I get it when she figured out what was going on... yelling, hands on the hips (I'm saying "what's wrong babe, are your arms tired?") etc etc. We had a good laugh. I think it goes quite nicely, we had picked out some other red kitchen stuff and this just seemed to fit right in! Anyways, so because we have a bright red fire hydrant drink dispenser on the list thanks to me, we now have a lovely pink fry pan on the list thanks to Sharon. That was the deal. It was either that or a pink salad spinner. We're going to have an interesting life...
So anyways, if you would like to check out our fire hydrant, pink fry pan, and the other cool or boring-but-necessary stuff that we picked out, you can check out our Gift Registry at hbc.com , and click on National Gift Registry and do a search on either of our names to see it - or if you go into a Home Outfitters you can actually print out the list as well in the store. Good times...

edit:
I still don't understand Brad's fascination with the fire hydrant. Because it's RED?! That just doesn't make any sense. I've come up with an evil plan: I'll secretly purchase the fire hydrant, then RETURN it anonymously. muahahahahah >_<




2 comments:

Rachel said...

you guys are TOO CUTE!!! oh man...that was like mine and Andrew's experience doing the registey also! he got to do the barcode thing, while i told him what to put on the list, but like brad...he put a few of his own things on the list.....we have an old-schooled straw dispenser?!!? which is kinda neat...but kinda unnesissary at the same time...oh well..these random things just add character to the kitchen ;)

Lauren Laidler said...

hahaha LOL! you guys are SOOO FUNNY! i love it!!!! thanks for sharing your outting with the rest of us! sounded like a great time :p nice to see brad blogging as well! heheh way to go! love & prayers for you both! hugs! miss you! xoxoxoxo i'm going to go check out your registry right now! mohohoho