maybe success is measured best by nothing less than our obedience. - J.N.

April 12, 2019

Taipei

We're here.

We arrived, met my cousin who is a local to Taiwan currently studying here in Taipei, and got to our little lodgings deep in the main city. 

I was tired.  We'd been up for nearly 24 hours at that time (it's ultra difficult to sleep when one's short legs have no where to rest.  Dangling legs on airplane seats isn't conducive to sleep.)  But we needed to have a bite of food to make it past the dinnertime mark.

We walked halfway down the block to a taiwanese fried chicken street restaurant.  I ordered by pointing to the picture of #2 meal.  The locals are so forgiving of this Chinese presenting foreigner who can on sporadic occasions understand a whiff of Mandarin, like when they called out number 70.  For the 4th time.  I GOT IT!  That's my meal!  Boo yah.

Tiredness is setting in but we need to scout a bit, as well not succumb to sleep so early to prevent jet lag.  I made it until 7:30


No comments: