maybe success is measured best by nothing less than our obedience. - J.N.

March 13, 2014

Eve before the eve

It is the eve before the last day before spring break.  So here I am.

The boy is in bed.

I am a little bit wired because tomorrow is my class' presentation to the school.

Yet, I'm quite tired.

When I'm worn out and needing a vacation, I tend to mull over the internet.

It often leads to blogging.  Particularly if there isn't a small bottom to chase.  And chase is the correct term.  The boy has been walking on his own, without assistance since the weekend of his first birthday.  Before that, he'd take a few steps on his own, then drop to crawl.  But no turning back after that birthday weekend.  Today, I noticed that he is getting closer to running.

What is he like nowadays?

He understands a LOT of words.  More than I realize.  He understands more chinese than I realize too.  My mom regularly updates me with phrases he understands.

He is saying more and more every week.  He's got the cantonese tones down too.  I practice the relational terms with him often, which are actually a different dialect than the one we usually speak.

He signs more, and picks up signs easier.  Though we haven't really added any.  Since signing MILK on his first birthday (Best present ever), he currently uses: please, thank you, more (from before 1), all done, eat and sometimes drink.  I want to try the sign for help.

He can actually articulate please.  And he is trying to say more and more.  He understands the command "you say...." so he will often try to imitate what we say.  It is awesome.  He said button last night when playing with my belly button.

Today, he said "No, no" to the cat whilst wagging his finger at it.  Oh my - personality coming out of the wazoo.  For sure.

He loves finger plays, either when we do them with him, or when we watch a dvd performance of a teacher and kids doing the finger plays.  It's amazing how he recognizes them.  I think he tries to say some of it.

Sleeping and eating habits are the same.  Doesn't yet sleep through the night, though we're at a typical 2-3 wake ups per night.  Still eats or tastes everything we offer.  Still loves to nurse.

Living life with our boy is an amazing, miraculous adventure.  We relish our moments together.








No comments: