As I'm in the mode for spring cleaning (my sister's and my own), I'm considering what toys to put away, what books to hide, which to donate, etc... I've gone through some of kdubster's old clothing (from less than a year ago!) and we've marvelled at how much he's grown. We're regularly amazed at how much he develops. He goes through a few weeks and suddenly, he's doing something he never used to do. Suddenly, there's a language explosion. Then there's another. It's just miraculous! I find myself occasionally saying, "Sharon - you've got this!" parenting thing... HAH - then something happens and I struggle again. Sleep. Teething. Food. Tantrums. Illness. MESS! And (once again) God reminds me, "No, dear, *I've* got this!" Oh. Yeah. Thanks Jesus! Amen? Parenting IS sanctifying. It's a hashtag on my instagram feed...
Anyway, as I'm thinking about toys, I want to record a list of things kdubster likes to play with. In no particular order.
Trucks.
Balls. Okay pretty much anything that can serve as a ball - books, utensils, boxes, etc.
Stuffed animals.
Baby dolls.
Household items.
Cleaning items. Like swiffers.
He also really enjoys outdoors.
Finger plays.
Sidewalk chalk or other marking instruments.
Reading books.
And movies - but those are forbidden at our house :)
He gives hugs and kisses now too.
He eats sticky stuff with a spoon. Stabs and eats with forks.
He loves to clean up, put things back... We want to encourage this habit.
He's starting to recognize when he soils his diaper. And he knows the toilet is for pee pee!
It is so great being a parent. I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment