- going for walks
- singing & dancing together
- reading great kids books
- eating dairy with every. single. meal
- smearing baby poop on the changing pad, on toddler feet, on the floor, on auntie's neck... you get the picture
- watching daytime reality shows related to weddings and birthing babies (eating lunch isn't the best time to watch these ones...) on cable television
Having these experiences made me learn a few things in general and about myself. I figure any child(ren) the Lord has in store for me will be so different and unique (I am a teacher, after all) that it might be useful figuring out how my thoughts and methodology apply in the area of child-rearing.
I discovered that I need grown-up time. It is so nice when another grown-up walks through that door after being alone with the young child for a few hours, and that's only a few hours! I can't imagine how much I'll long for company if I've been with my own kid(s) for a loooonnggg time. Also, I discovered that I need to get out. On summer vacation, I'm free to go and lounge as I please. With a kid around, the flexibility is nil. It's gotta be planned and at the opportune moment taking into account naps and meals. Because you know, cranky baby = cranky mommy. Or auntie, in this case.
Also, the mainstream Amer.ican media also sucks. Nearly all consumer products advertised promote a wrong, self-destructive attitude that is it's all about me. Wedding shows definitely encapsulate this. Today's show was HORRIBLE. The bride was a mega Ame.rican barbie. Their wedding was double their budget, totalling just over 60K. What. the. heck. She made her bridesmaids purchase two different dresses as there was a second reception the next day. Bottom line, according to her, it's her day and they should do it to make her happy. They probably had budgets, her husband eventually said to her. Her response? They knew when they signed on to be her bridesmaid that she is a diva and should've expected it. That boggles my mind. The scary thing is is that her attitude is likely more rampant then one would've expected. AUGH. Barf.
Even young kids Love attention. My little guy is the happiest when I'm looking at him, smiling at him, waving at him, giggling with him, generally giving him my devotion. And though I am jesting, this condition is also true for humans.
Maybe I should've called this post our human condition. Also turned into some what of a rant.
We did have a lovely weekend
And here's the lovely kid
All thanks to my awesome phone. yeAH!
No comments:
Post a Comment