Today I went to the public library to borrow some suggested reading materials. I found some of the titles at our local library and was happy to borrow what I needed. Until I found out that I owed library fines dating from 2008. Yikes. Only a day late that May, but was it ever a day too late. Some of the materials on that unfortunate list ran fines of $10 per day late. I had a few of those materials. Sigh. My only consolation is that the money will be used towards a good cause: more books for people to read. I hope.
We (Mam and bro, that is) also sent our beloved god-sister back to her home today. It was so nice to have her around for the past couple of months. Now that we're all grown-ups, it's been even better spending time together. As children, we enjoyed spending time with them but I always saw them (god-sister, god-brother, and lil' bro) as children. Now that they're all nearly in adulthood, it's cool to get to know their personalities as adults. None of us are exactly as we were before. It's like new friends with the bonus of memories and history together.
This summer, since I'm not feeling raggedy (can I mention that 10 more times....? probably. Don't tempt me.), I've made a summer resolution. My main resolution is to read the bible daily. I'm making it a habit to read before bedtime but I should try to find time during the day too. That way when my work schedule begins and I don't have the energy at the end of the day, I've already made it a habit to read it at various times of day. I'm reading minimum a chapter of proverbs a day. A friend told me that her grandfather used to read a chapter of proverbs each day as there are enough chapters to fill up the months of the year. Great habit.
Another resolution is to regularly pray together, out loud, as a couple. The only challenge to this is finding that right time. Usually it's before we both fall asleep, but sometimes circumstances don't allow, as tonight B-rad had fallen asleep before I was even ready for bed. And now I'm reading and blogging....?
Another resolution is to journal. I used to journal in high school and found it good to make my thoughts tangible. It made the things going on inside my head more of a reality, not just a cloud in my brain. I want to journal regularly. It doesn't have to be daily but I also want to examine my personal thoughts and beliefs through journaling. Not so much events-oriented entries (unless of course it's related) but more as a personal meta-cognitive tool.
Here's my highlighted proverb from today's reading: 4 verse 18 "The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day."
As believers of Jesus, we know that this righteous path indicates receiving Jesus as the Lord and Saviour of life. Walking in Jesus means light in our lives. That light is not going to get brighter (i.e. more like Him) unless we are walking towards Him. That light does not necessarily reflect brighter with time, but with regular connection and fellowship with Jesus.
Amen & good night
No comments:
Post a Comment