maybe success is measured best by nothing less than our obedience. - J.N.

August 15, 2009

Lullaby

Children of the heav’nly Father
Safely in His bosom gather;
Nestling bird nor star in Heaven
Such a refuge e’er was given.


God His own doth tend and nourish;
In His holy courts they flourish;
From all evil things He spares them;
In His mighty arms He bears them.


Neither life nor death shall ever
From the Lord His children sever;
Unto them His grace He showeth,
And their sorrows all He knoweth.


Though He giveth or He taketh,
God His children ne’er forsaketh;
His the loving purpose solely
To preserve them pure and holy.


I learned this hymn in the BSF school program this year. Throughout the year, the students sing from a small 10 (?) hymn selection so that they can learn the hymns quite well. I like this system.

This hymn is titled Children of the heavenly Father and it's one of the most beautiful tunes I've ever heard. I love it so much, I'm going to sing it to my children as a lullaby.

Such peace!

Such calm!

Such serenity!

No comments: