maybe success is measured best by nothing less than our obedience. - J.N.

September 3, 2009

I laughed, I cried, it moved me...

The following was probably the highlight of my day yesterday: an excerpt from a phone call between my dad and I, who work for the same company but just at opposite ends of the food chain:

Dad: So, how's your day going?

Me: Ya, it's going good. I've just been pulling orders and working on the website - stuff like that. At least I think I'm doing good anyways; no one has told me any differently!

Dad: (Chuckles) Well, doing a good job around here is much like wetting yourself while wearing a dark suit: it makes you feel all warm inside, but no one really notices...

Me: (Sudden burst of joyful laughter).

It was perfect. I laughed, I cried, it moved me.
Thanks Dad.

3 comments:

Helen said...

*blinks* wow that was completely random o.o

I guess coming from Kevin shouldn't be TOO surprising....haha

slackr4ever said...

I have a little laminated card that says exactly that from my last job!!! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm actually laughing out loud right now.

We have to mention it to him on Sat morning.