maybe success is measured best by nothing less than our obedience. - J.N.

May 30, 2009

This whole month has been about these little guys.... well not quite exactly these guys; the larvas we had in our classroom were black.  I found this one hurrying across our balcony.  And I'm not kidding when I say hurrying.  I took a little video clip of it.  I wish I knew how to post it.  Perhaps it's that button with the film reel around it... Oh!  I was right...(edit:the film button should've worked but wasn't uploading it properly.  So I made a youtube account)  The video is here! hehe... it's not too interesting for most, but for us caterpillar enthusiasts (5 year olds and those akin to 5 year olds...) it is majorly cool.

My FB status says that I've survived.  What you ask?  This week!!  We had 2 spring concerts, 2 butterfly picnics, and a chapel presentation with 30+ five-six-year-olds.  Thank God that I'm still here and not melted into a puddle somewhere between here and my school.  Though when I woke up this morning, it was as if my body just quit.  I couldn't stop sneezing and sniffling with itchy nose and stingy eyes for like 2 hours!!  Most of that insanity has stopped now.  Except for that itchy nostril... lovely, eh?

Here's a cute pic of one of the spring concert performances.  (Picture credit to an awesome kindergarten student's dad who burned me a disc of all the pics he took... Thanks!)



We sang two songs for the audience.  Both are on Charlotte Diamond's 10 carrot diamond cd.  The children performed The Garden Song and Each of us is a flower.  They were so incredibly adorable.  It was so cool seeing them sing up there.  At Christmastime when we did something similar, you could still see the fear in their eyes and faces as they stood up there.  But not by this point of the year... they just sang with focus and determination and joyfully waved at people they knew.  Kyoooote.

Anyway, back to caterpillars.  Butterflies were our theme this month.  We ordered caterpillars and watched them make their chrysalis' and become beautiful painted ladies.  Then we had a picnic outside where we released the butterflies.  It was great fun.  It was exciting seeing the butterflies take off into the sky after being kept in captivity for so long.  They were born into captivity.  And some of them don't make it because their wings are damaged from malformation or aggression in their aquarium.  Such is nature... 

This month was also our anniversary!  Unfortunately for us, this week was just SO busy for me that we didn't have a proper chance to celebrate together.  But we received a nice card in the mail from Lauren and Brent.  THANKS for your thoughtfulness!!! :)

And Brad got me this beautiful arrangement.  I think it's the most original arrangement he has ever chosen.  There are even carnations in the set-up.  If one can make carnations look gorgeous, that's what we call skillz to pay the bills.  hahah...

The arrangement with two birds.  It even looks nice from behind.  An awesome 360 degrees type of arrangement.  

Here is a close-up of one of the birds.  Even these fake birds look cute in this arrangement!...


3 comments:

Helen said...

hey, you celebrated your anniversary with US! hahaha

M-Squared Family said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! Glad that you're surviving :D I'm hearing you about the school thing; we've just finished our school productions and we've got fieldtrips, fun day, K-visit day, and so much more :D Hope your remaining weeks go well though!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary to you :o) many many more years of happiness to you both :o) Hugs! xx