maybe success is measured best by nothing less than our obedience. - J.N.

April 16, 2007

Quickie before my final exam in 28 hours

According to the ticker up top, there's 1 month, 1 week, and 5 (?) days left. The countdown provided by Home Outfitter's gift registry is: 40 days. Oh my goodness! There's still so much to do!! I need to make weekly wedding to do. Except I already have a 3 page schedule of final exam study crunch time... Well let's make a rough list of everything Sharon must do before the wedding! HAHAHAHAHAH (Note: Some things on this list are graciously taken care of by others like Brad, Moms, and sisters...! Lovely :)

Deliver more invitations for ceremony.
Complete evening favours.
Complete ceremony favours.
Call Martin regarding engagement photos.
Find another picture clicker for before ceremony and evening.
Call Susan Re: Hair.
Call Julia (?) Re: Make-up.
Call Eva Re: attendants' gifts.
Talk to Steve Re: pre-marital counselling, ceremony participation...?
Talk to Ranjith Re: Ceremony leading
Find a notary for marriage license.
Get together with musicians to hear custom piece and hear music.
Get together with Margo for first and final (same meeting) flower decisions.
Get Lance fitted.
Get Father fitted.
Put program together, and print them!
Finish guest book fun!!
Any other decor items need to be found.
Decide on jewelery.
Plan tea ceremony.
Wait for p.m. replies.
Seat people.
MOVE stuff into Ewart.
Edit: Thought of more stuff... ribbon for Lil
Prepare Lance for his task.
Plan specific tasks for day of help.
Buy ring pillow!!

Um... I'm getting a little anxious trying to think of more stuff because I am certain there's more to add. But since I'm supposed to be memorizing archaeological information regarding ancient Palestine, I'm going to stop brain-storming more things to add. If you can think of more things while I'm concentrating on my studying, please leave a comment about it!! It won't stress me out; in fact, it would be helpful because I'm not using brain energy to come up with it. You see, I don't have very much brain space/energy for these things; school is greedy and zaps/saps most of it.

xoxo

5 comments:

Lauren Laidler said...

sharon know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. everything will be completed and i can't wait to help you out when i return! all the best on your exam! love you and miss you! xoxox

Rachel said...

it's totally amazing how many little details there to think about! hope your exams go good...oh! the rest of the guest book paper came in! i'll pick it up tomorrow, then we need to set a date, ok!?! bye for now

Unknown said...

Hope your exam went ok?!! Glad you got somewhere to live and that sounds just perfect for the next year.

My top tip for wedding preparations - keep an up to date list of jobs to do in a prominent position accessible by all your friends and family (duplicate if necessary ;o) ) Its amazing how little things just "get done" by fab people who want to help if there is a list just hanging around.

Enjoy every moment - however busy it gets.

Big hugs xoxoxoxox

slackr4ever said...

I can't remember whether there's a Prospera Credit Union in Richmond.... if there is, they sell Marriage liscences - you need to bring ID and both of you need to go in to buy it!!

theresa :) said...

sa-lunn!! we will be face to face in about a month :D

i wonder if it'll be like last time.. eagerly and nervously waiting for you at baggage claim to pick us up.. christine was so hilarious! then you rounded the corner all bouncy and excited :) loved it!

man i can't believe there's SO much to do for a wedding. all the best for that stuff.. let us know if we can do anything from the other side of the country :P