maybe success is measured best by nothing less than our obedience. - J.N.

June 25, 2012

Practice

This is another babysitting post.  Last summer, I blogged when I was childminding my nephew.  Now, I'm childminding my niece as my nephew naps.  I've managed to put the little girl to sleep, no small feat as this sweetcheeks is notorious for *not* napping during daylight.  She's a real good sleeper at night to the great relief of her parental unit, but during the day she resists naps even if she's tired.  She'll snooze for 30-60 minutes max, but no long naps for this wee chicky.

Nevertheless, she is a joy.  It's always amazed me how much love I have for these small people born of my husband's sibling's flesh.  At this point, it's beyond me how much love a parent would have for a child of their own - though it's not beyond me for long.  I'm looking forward to the insight coming.

Anyway, since little chicky is a good baby, though quite different from her older brother was as a baby, it serves as good practice (lesson: watch their faces when they sleep.  little chicky is smiling in her sleep.  hehe so cute.)

Practice

  • doing things with one arm.  things like washing spit-up off my arm, wiping her face of spit-up, rocking her chair, etc.
  • letting her fuss a bit without feeling nervous so that I can get what she needs, get what I need, etc.
  • never expecting to do things when I want to do things like finishing this post.  it's taken me a bit to finish it as she woke up, hungry, and needed me to hang on to her for another little bit before her momma could take her
  • beefing up my arm muscles
  • cuddle, cuddle and more cuddles!
More blogging opportunities to come...











No comments: