

We began our adventures in Ottawa. We loved Ottawa so much. We concluded that if we had to move to Ontario, we'd choose Ottawa. Then we thought, even better! We'll just visit it regularly. Our time was mostly spent visiting touristy spots, doing nothing, and hanging out with my relatives. We managed to have a dinner with Carmen's parents and that was super fun too! They're so encouraging. We spent a lot of time with my hilarious uncles and aunts and cousin Ev. Good times. Touristy things included visiting Parliamentary East Bloc, Centre Bloc, the Royal Canadian Mint, Museum of Nature, Museum of Civilization, Museum of Aviation. We also walked around outside Rideau Hall a little bit. Didn't have the time to tour inside. Next time.

We drove down to Toronto and mainly spent our time with our family friends. Time very well spent. More relaxing was had here in Toronto. Can't wait to see them again when they'll (likely) visit in May for another big party.
Niagara-on-the-lake and Niagara falls was one night, the long weekend. NOTL was sooooooooo beautiful. A very small, vacation location. Very quaint and just nice. Our B&B (Thanks Mom and Dad Sni.d.er) was super lovely and comfortable. The hostess and other guests were friendly and interesting. The falls were A-MAAAAA-ZING. I've seen them before but not as an adult and I must say I was blown away at how magnificent and powerful it is. We went on the Maid of the Mist and the Journey behind the Falls. Maid of the Mist is the boat that takes you as close to the falls as the boat can safely go. Really rad. Journey behind the falls is a little walk in a tunnel dug behind the falls. I have a few videos I'll eventually upload and post. I'll likely just edit this post tomorrow to add it. Try Niagara. You won't regret it!
Hamilton saw us being graciously hosted by our good buddy Brian. His home was undergoing some renovations so it was super kind of him to allow us to stay with him. We had excellent quality time with Brian and his posse. Brad and I watched our first "real" ultimate game. It was also here when the humidity and heat got bad for the rest of our visit. It was also at this point that I was tired of snapping pics. So my camera didn't get picked up until closer to wedding necessities.
After we bid farewell to Brian and his posse, we went down to Windsor, the whole purpose of our Ontario trip. Nelson and Christine's wedding and pre-wedding activities were superb. We enjoyed spending time together with my old friends and meeting new friends also! The wedding was beautiful and we had a great wedding day altogether. Wonder when it will occur again, another party where we're all together again. I miss the camaraderie and laughs so much when I leave that Windsor gang.
God must've known how much we craved (and needed) camaraderie and laughs, more so than I thought we needed. Our 2nd annual holiday bible week at Capernwray Harbour was an awesome time of new friends, laughter and fellowship. It's hard to not become good friends with people who spend a week together, especially for the foundational activities of Bible teaching and eating. When people learn from the Bible together and eat together for an entire week, good friendships are guaranteed. I don't have any pics of this week but I've posted Capernwray pics before. The setting hasn't changed at all. Except for maybe a lovely patio or two on the grounds.
We are nearly back to regular programing around here. I'm relishing my last few sleep-in's and staying up to the wee hours.


1 comment:
great blog entry sharona! love the pics! sounds you had an amazing time in Ontario and at capenray! awesome! what a fab summer holidays eh! enjoy your last days before school! praying for you! miss you loads!!!! xx
Post a Comment