We moved a couple of weeks ago. It's a good thing, and we love our new place, but first let me give my summary of moving: I told my dad this past week that "it takes four hours to move all the things that are important to you, and a week and a half to move all the crap that you only look at or think about when you have to move it from old place to new place." Such is my opinion of moving, which I developed about a week and a half after the initial four hours. Slightly painful.
But our new place is just excellent. I would show you pictures right now, but I can't find our camera. And since it is officially Sharon's turn to blog, I think I will leave that to her.
We've been pleasantly surprised that our place is just the "right" size. When we first looked through it, it was hard to have a good sense of proportion, because there was no furniture etc. in it. But now there are beds and couches and shelving and tables, and as of last Saturday, a piano! And Sharon and I commented to each other (several times) that it is just right for us. The first day or two felt like we were living in a hotel - everything was new, including most of our furniture. Most of the old stuff didn't fit in our place so we went and bought new couches and a dining room table and some chairs, and new shelving for our den/office space. But since those first couple of days we've done things like... christen the toilet... and now it feels like home. Haha! okay, describing it like that makes me laugh.
I should also note, on a completely different subject, that it is Sharon's birthday today. Happy birthday babe! On Saturday night we tried to go out for dinner to celebrate - we had reservations at the Boathouse in White Rock, but when we got down there, the power was out and the restaurant was closed! The lady at the door recommended we go to another part of White Rock that still had power and find a restaurant there. We did that, our second choice was The Keg, but when we arrived, we were told that the wait time for a table was an hour to an hour and a half!! Crazy. So we were disappointed. This actually marks the second year in a row that we have tried to celebrate Sharon's birthday at a restaurant of her choice and it hasn't worked out. At least this year we got two coupons for free appies out of it...
Well, I'm getting tired, so I think it's time to call this thing. Sharon I think will be blogging soon, and will tell more about our first weeks in our new place, and maybe some of the other stuff that's been going on. Au revoir!
No comments:
Post a Comment