That's not to say that I didn't not enjoy my class, or was happy to leave. In fact, if it wasn't for the consolation of meeting my own little bao, I would be *SO SAD* to leave this year's class. They are a wonderful combination of personalities and just *SO* nice. I enjoyed them so much. We laughed a lot and had a lot of fun whilst together.
The class families even threw me a little surprise appreciation/going-away/baby party a couple of weeks ago. They arranged for snacks, made a sweet class scrapbook, and gifted me a diaper cake with a gift card cake topper. I was so touched. We're so blessed - little bao is already *SO LOVED* and he/she hasn't even introduced him/herself to us.
I'm definitely nesting though. There's never been a time when washing and folding laundry has looked so appealing than when faced with a great pile of baby clothes at the time of a full-term pregnancy. I want to put it all away but the dresser's still full of stuff that the elder baos need to displace. I also want to browse baby buying websites and thrift all the time to collect baby things. All. the. time. I suppose all this reflects what I generally like to do. Cleaning isn't quite the nesting priority that one would think (no floor washing and painting projects for this preggo momma). But I'm still (somewhat) keeping up. Our house isn't a total sty. Though it might need some help prior or shortly after baby's arrival.
Speaking of baby arrival, my sister & her hubby met their little one! She's my second niece and the sweetest, littlest thing I ever (unless our bao is smaller... which he/she might be) did meet. My momma says that she looks like I did when I was a little baby. I don't see it too much, just slightly. So far, to me, she looks a good mix of her mommy and daddy.
What do you think? Sweet, lil' E :)
On this first day of leave, I've done what I love: thrift and relax. I was able to find things for all the littles in my life. And for momma, too. A lululemon running jacket in excellent condition for $5? THANK YOU Orphan Aid Thrift Store. Everything else I got from there today were practical (at five dollars, lululemon is also practical.... just sayin') items for the littles. I usually find great stuff here, or nothing at all. A very typical thrift store, packed to the gills, full of random stuff. Very well organized by their dedicated, friendly volunteers.
I also had a prenatal massage and it was lovely. I don't think I am as tense as I usually am after teaching for a stretch of time. She worked hard on my tension areas and she seemed pleased with what she could work out. Blessed!
This first week of leave is brimful of appointments. Due to the minor complications all realized within the last trimester, and even realized just within this past week, there's a lot of monitoring to be done. We are so grateful that we live in a place where such careful, due diligence is taken to ensure the best health for our world's littlest members. I've seen four different doctors this pregnancy, all for different reasons and focuses. I'm so thankful for the work that they do to help pregnant folk along to meet their little ones. Thank you, Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment