When I was a kid, time seemed to be a sloooooow moving concept. Summers stretched on (thankfully) and the school year became a drag. Sixteen could not come fast enough. Friends, boys, independence, always coveted. Waiting. Waiting. Slow. Waiting.
But today? Today?! It has been a sudden 8 (-ish) weeks since I became an aunt for the first time ever. EIGHT! My little buddy is a little giant porker!! ALREADY! Where did the time go?
Not including this week, there are only 8 weeks left in the school year! EIGHT! What on earth happened?
God, why does time go so fast? Is this just a mere glimpse with your perspective?
We (my small and furry family) have many things to look forward to this summer season.
1. Rest. and cleaning. YES! I discovered that I CAN clean, I CAN housekeep, I CAN homemake when I am well rested. Our house is going to be fabulous when summer arrives. Well, two weeks into summer anyhow.
2. Vacation. For the first time ever, Brad is going to visit my old towns in Ontario! How exciting! We will also attend the wedding of a good friend of mine. How exciting! I'm super excited to travel. Even if it's only to Ontario. To my old homes. As a grown up! Exciting!!!!!
3. Rejuvenation. We are returning to Thetis island this summer for a holiday bible week. We attended one last year and LOVED it so much we opted to go again this year. It sounds a bit dowdy, holiday bible week, but it actually is SO refreshing. Most (not all) mornings and evenings have a teaching session (about 1 hour) and afternoons are leisure times. They have a beach. A boat. Woods. Canoes. Sports equipment. Trees. Gardens. Docks. Lovely. Lovely. Just lovely. Meals are included. Accommodations are included. All for a very reasonable price. It is like a Sabbath week for us. We are fed, every aspect of our being.
Hmm... the last 2 posts of mine have included lists. Do I like lists?
I leave you with a wonderful quote I discovered on a blog. I'm basing my Grandparents' theme around this.
If we do not honour our past we lose our future.
If we destroy our roots we cannot grow.
-Friedensreich Hundertwasser
No comments:
Post a Comment