I really wanted Brad to do the next update since he hasn't written one in awhile, but since I've been home all day by myself with lots of opportunity to contemplate on married life, I will blog.
I'm enjoying married life. It isn't a whole lot different from life before but it is interesting to think about how this is the normal life for us now. What is different about married life?...
We share everything! Every day things: toothpaste, blankets, food, toilet, laundry, etc. Things that I've always had my own of is now shared.
We sleep in the same bed. I don't need to explain any further.
We get to put things away where we want! This was a different sensation for me as I've always put things where my mom puts things. "At my parents' house, mom did it like this...." and there's a tendency to copy her as I am, after all, her daughter. But the way it is leads me to exclaim that I, er excuse me, we can do what we want! If we want to put the knives in this drawer, we can! If we want to put the whatever on whatever shelf or cabinet, we can! It's our house! This is something that I've never thought about or experienced.
I enjoy doing chores! Dishes, tidying, cleaning dirt and dust, laundry, folding clothes, cooking, keeping things neat, etc., all a part of the package of living in your own home. Related to the above topic, it's neat to do these things for myself. The thing that I don't enjoy about my own home (especially someone's basement suite) is: Mold, and Insects and Spiders.
No one but me (or Brad) will clean up the mildew in the shower. No one but me (or Brad) will squish, crunch, and splat those bugs and spiders that frequently visit our home. I leave the carcasses for Brad to clean up. Usually beneath his shoe. In the kitchen or bathroom. Fortunately, they don't usually visit the carpeted area which is most of our living space.
Oh Brad's home! I'll end this here and make him update something.
4 comments:
that's so awesome sharona!
thanks for the married life update blog! all sounds fab!!! hehe besides the bugs of course!
LOVE YOU!!!!
lauren
xoxox
HAhahahahhahahahaaaa
Oooohhh - flashbacks to when we moved in together there! If you guys can agree over the toothpaste and the toilet seat then you'll TOTALLY live happily ever after ;o)
Have lots of fun xoxooxox
ps -the joy of chores DOES wear off Sharon, trust me!!
yaaah where's brad's post?? I like to read Brad's postings!!
Sharon, do you want to come over and do my chores? :) haha. I love that you leave bugs under shoes for someone else to clean up - I do the same thing with my dad's shoes!! He knows when he comes home and finds shoes in random places all over the floor that there are bugs underneath them :)
Post a Comment