Yay, Brad and Sharon's new home now has an internet connection! The last week or so has been consumed by packing, moving, and unpacking - well, thinking about unpacking anyways. If it wasn't for Sharon's efforts in getting us settled in to our new home I don't think I would have a place to even sit down yet when I come home. But I like it, as the only one living in it right now, it seems like a good place - it even has a good view south over Richmond and out towards the ocean which is really nice in the evening. The shower is a concern, one usually becomes concerned when water is coming out of the bottom of the door frame (from inside the wall!!) and into the hallway when you're taking a shower, but we have been dutiful tenants and let Rick know about it. But really, I like it here, it's comfy and warm and we have a good size deck to hang out in the summer, which I like. I enjoy outdoor space like that.
Anyways, I think I was supposed to update on a couple of things... our engagement pictures were a lot of fun, but Sharon and I have fun at most things we do so that's no surprise. But oh man, it was really bright out and my eyes were having so much trouble, at some points while I was trying to smile and wait for him to get the picture my eyes were hurting so much I couldn't even see anymore, everything became this bright and hazy blur in front of me. When he would take the picture I would quickly look down and get them to stop burning and look up in time for the next picture to be taken. And it was really only when I had to focus on something that was a fair distance away, which the camera was... It's weird that way, I don't know what's wrong with me, maybe I wear sunglasses too much. Martin our photographer did tell us that if he had known it would be that sunny he would have asked us to come later in the afternoon when the sun wasn't so strong. But we did get some nice pictures, we chose one tonight that we're going to have blown up and printed for our banquet, it's a gooder...
I don't think we ever came back to our finishing options for Cadence here - a lot of people liked the Warm Cherry finishing option, which is quite nice, but Sharon and I had actually picked the "Rich Wenge" (pronounced wen-gay, figure that) - mostly I think I like the cabinet doors best, but I think it will all look good. So a belated thanks for your thoughts! Well, that's all for now, I have a 7am meeting in 7 and a half hours, and I need sleep....
3 comments:
hey Sharon!! congrats, its sooo exciting for you that your day is so close! I hope that it is everything you've ever dreamed for it to be. Lauren said that shes going to fill me in with all the details when I see her... yay! Im excited to hear about how everything went. Good luck! You'll look amazing! :)
I JUST HAVE TO SAY .....
1 DAY UNTIL YOUR WEDDING!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!! TOMORROW U R GETTING HITCHED!!!! HOOOOORRRAAAAYYYY!!!!
I'm sooooooooo EXCITED for you guys! I'll be seeing you today, but I just had to post a comment because the ticker factory says 1 more day and that is soooo COOL!!!!
LOVE YOU!!!!
xxxxxxx
HEY - BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
On this side of the pond, your ticker now says "0 days".... WOW!!!
I know you're still asleep and its Friday in Canada but just want to let you know I'm thinking of you and praying that today is an amazing day for you both.
God bless you today and for your future together.
Lots of love xoxoxox
Post a Comment